I have been searching for weight loss inspiration, since I know I get discouraged easily (and am lazy to boot). I’ve found many nice little images and sayings, such as the one I have in my sidebar, but many of those I found just didn’t ring true for me.
For instance, one I found stated ‘Do it for the “Damn, you got hot.”’ No thank you. I’m already married, and not inclined to accept compliments about my appearance anyway. If Chris says that, fine; anyone else says that, not so much.
One I found that I do like is ‘Sweat is fat crying.’ Short and to the point.
However, I decided that to really bring this home to myself, to get myself off my rear, I needed reasons I could readily relate to, reasons that are personal. I fell asleep thinking of these:
- I want to be able to carry a basket of laundry upstairs without panting.
- I want to be able to tuck my shirt in and have it look nice, not like I’m the world’s worst smuggler.
- I want to be able to sit down while wearing a button-down shirt without worrying about whether the buttons will hold.
- I want my kids to have healthy role models in their home, not just at school.
- I want to be able to get up from a night’s sleep without leg and back pain.
- I want to be able to go clothes shopping (which I have greater interest/fun in doing lately) without having to search for the plus size department.
- I want to have more fun with my kids and family, and be with them longer.
- I want to buck the family trends of diabetes, heart disease, and general apple-shaped-ness.
On that last one, I think I might be screwed already, having had gestational diabetes three times now, but that doesn’t mean I have to develop Type II without a fight.
And fight I shall.